The objectives of Home Economics Association of Nigeria are to
- Promote high professional standards among Home Economists through capacity building programmes.
- Promote research on emerging issues and challenges that impact on the well being of individuals and families.
- Contribute to the formulation, implementation and monitoring of policies that impact on the well being individuals and families.
- Undertake advocacy for the purpose of improving the well being of individuals and families.
- Promote and undertake practices and programmes that strengthen all aspects of family life.
- Undertake consultancy and training services and programmes that focus on the improvement of life.
- Network with other Home Economics associations and related bodies within and outside Nigeria.
- Generate, document, maintain and disseminate data on various aspects of the family and Home Economics.
- Facilitate coalescence of disciplinary knowledge and retooling in Home Economics programmes for the purpose of impacting various curricula , instructional technologies and practices.
- Promote entrepreneurship skills and activities in youths and adults both within the formal and informal school setting.